The Aviation Safety and Security Archives provides information about aviation safety and aviation security to faculty, students, and the aviation community. It is a repository which promotes research by identifying, acquiring, preserving, and making available primary, unique records, manuscripts and material and it is a portal that facilitates access to information relating to aviation and aviation/aerospace safety and security.
In pursuit of this mission, the archives will:
- Acquire material (regardless of form or characteristics) from a wide range of sources including, but not limited to private corporations, professional organizations, university alumni, and industry experts.
- Assess, organize, describe, preserve and make available unique, primary documents of enduring value.
- Assess, organize, describe and make available significant information and documents with subject relevance.
- Promote knowledge and understanding of aviation safety and aviation security.
- Serve as a research center for the study of aviation and aviation safety and security by the University and the scholarly community at large.
- Provide adequate facilities for the retention, preservation, processing, and research use of such materials.